View Single Post
      09-25-2013, 10:31 AM   #17
Xontre
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 328xi

What did this turn out to be? I'm having the exact same problem. It will drive but absolutely nothing when shifted into reverse. I'm right at 78,000 miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw32atexi View Post
Hi All,

I have a 2009 328xi with a automatic transmission and 98,000 km. I bought it used back in 2012 with about 80,000 km (Canadian car), maintain it well and never abuse it. Today I made a short trip to the local coffee shop. I came home and parked it in garage. About 2 hours later I hop in to do another errand and noticed it the thing won't go into reverse.

Here is what I know:
- No error codes
- Drives normal in forward. I don't notice anything different whether I'm driving in D or DS or using the Auto/Manual shifting.
- In Reverse, when I step on the gas, the RPMs sit between 1500-2000 RPM. Sometimes feels like it's in limpmode but I'm not moving. Other than that, no strange noises.
- No clanking sounds or pings.
- I have tried turning off/on- no luck.

I'm wondering if it could be the battery ? Any advice or suggestions or pointing me to a related relevant link would be appreciated, so I can take it into my Indy Mechanic and understand what he's going to tell me.

BTW, Anyone know how to check the AT transmission fluid levels ?

Appreciate 0