South Africa
Rep
Drives: F30 328i, M-Sport, 8AT

Garage List
2013 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335isilver View Post
Irq5
Thanks for the explanation. I always forget about the cars being tested at altitude. You must be having fun with your turbo then even in stock form! Initially I had to decide between the M3 and the 335i. Placed my order for the M3 in May 2007 and in September my dealer phoned me to say they have just taken delivery of a silver beemer, but did not want to say what model it was, so off i went and was introduced to the 335i sedan. I drove around a bit with the test model and later that afternoon drove one out of the showroom! I think the M3 will always be an icon and i will always admire it but the 335i is a very capable vehicle and oh so understated!
Did not realise you were up in JHB. Hope you manage to get a few beemers together.
Yup - Definitely having fun with the car - even in stock trim. There really isn't much on the road these days that will sit with a 335 (well, any beemer with the 3l turbo engine) up here at altitude - obviously excluding anything aproaching super car territory...

I agree with you on the M3 - I will always love and respect that machine, but in terms of real world practicality, the 335i really is the best bang for your buck... You're only a half second or so slower to 100km/h, pull only about 0.1g less lateral acceleration on the skid pad... I'm never going to be able to push the M3 to it's limits in my every day life. I'll never really be able to push the 335 to it's limits either in my every day life. But the 335 is more accessible (price / practicality) - so I really think I made the right choice...

Now, I just need the M3 boot spoiler, and the front diffuser for the M-Sport kit and I'll be 100% happy with the looks of the car. Then when I've got a bit more spare cash, the SSTT or something similar will be a perfect add-on, just to keep me smiling that little bit longer...
Appreciate 0