View Single Post
      12-12-2011, 11:10 PM   #1
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Aquamist flow sensor 806-428

I just picked up this flow sensor at a crazy low price brand new for 60 bucks shipped...Brand new cost 189 and 7 bucks for deliver making it 196...I received the unit in the mail today and when I opened it up, I was surprised as hell..This unit is so small and I dont know what to make of it...Comparing it to my Snow performance unit it is dwarf in size...Size doesnt matter for some things but I am quite puzzled how this one will work better than the Snow unit safeinjection that I have which is 4X as big and has a metal casing compared to the Aquamist unit with plastic cover casing...I am having issues periodically with my Snow unit from heat..The location I have of the SP safeinjection is the same location used by FBIS, which is bolted onto a metal brace near the front driver side that protects the fuel lines running up to the engine bay...THat brace gets hot enough to make the safeinjection sometimes no show flow...Any how I saw this deal while surfing the web and this guy in Alaska has one that he didnt need with his kit so he sold it to me at a negotiated price of 60 bucks ship...Great deal but I looking at the Aquamist unit, I am skeptical is this will be better than the Snow unit...Here is a pic up against a small cigarette lighter!!!! The unit that I have states flow range of 100-1200ml/min and the new unit at Aquamist shows the label 100-1500 ml/min are the same just the labeling of the new one is different...Spoke to Jeff about it and he stated the one I have just has the old label on it and will show flow of 100-1500ml/min. This will be my back up plan if the SP unit continues to annoy the crap out of me!
If this unit works better than the Snow unit, I will be amazed as it proves bigger doesnt mean better, but better quality over quantity!
A couple of months back the unit sold for 145 but the demand and inflation jacked the unit to 189 plus 7 bucks shipping 196! Snow Peformance raised price from 159 to 172 but they get you on the shipping which lowest is 20 dollars which brings you to 192!

Anyone else experiencing heat issues with SP unit?
Attached Images

Last edited by cn555ic; 12-12-2011 at 11:35 PM..
Appreciate 0