08-15-2012, 10:36 PM   #118
135v
Rep
Drives: 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans1215
Quote:
Originally Posted by 135v View Post
Soo.. Let me get this straight.. We can blow a snail due to over boosting with our BMS/ COBB tunes, (granted, it's and extreme scenario), tow our cars to our local dealerships and get a new set of snails?!? for free?!
lol, not at all, most of the time an actual regional technical engineer has to come out and approve the turbos, its is very rare for them to replace them because it has to be proven the wastegates failed and caused the turbo to fail. so if you blow your turbos because of a tune and wastegates are fine, then youre SOL. and your local dealers cant detect or identify a vehicle that was tuned and returned to stock, but the the regional engineers from bmw can.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!JUST TO BE CLEAR SO ALL YOU DONT GO RACING EVERYONE IN TOWN THINKING YOUR TURBOS ARE COVERED IF YOU BLOW THEM UP, TURBO FAILURE HAS TO ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY NO DOUBT ABOUT IT BE CAUSED BY FAILURE OF THE WASTEGATES IN ORDER FOR BMW TO PAY FOR THEM.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for clearing that up lol. I guess I still have to be selective on when to go WOT.
Appreciate 0