08-21-2013, 09:44 AM   #50
Bavarian Black
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 08 335i MS

Quote:
Originally Posted by labedra View Post
(SHERE, SHARE, SHARE, did I share? Share thoughts, suggestions, ideas, etc. GOING BACK TO STOCK IS NOT A SUGGESTION!)

Hey guys can anyone tell me how important is the V Brace that goes under the exhaust and connects center car chassis rear suspension bridge? I had to remove it do to installation of aftermarket exhaust and debating on just running a custom brace per each side. I saw that HPF exhaust came with spacers where their exhaust fits above the stock brace after using the spacers provided. The exhaust I got was from VRSF and it is a beautiful piece but required me to remove the V brace. Running washers is not an option the exhaust sits too low and believe me i worked all day on tucking it as close to the chassis as possible. I welcome any ideas for custom brace, but debating if it is even worth making. I'm thinking of making one but per each side of the chassis so it would look like V brace but cut in half as the exhaust pipe needs to be in the middle..... and sorry but I couldn't find anything on the site for this topic. Maybe my searching skills are not so great

I'm talking about part #17

Hi,

Your VRSF Exshast is a piece of art I can tell you that. However I didn't want to lose my V brace and went with The aFe Mach Force XP cat back exhaust system produces 11hp and 10lbs. x ft. of torque. Ok, it may not produce the same HP but it's light high quality high quality aluminium (304) and clamps. Most importantly, it doesn't affect my V brace.

I would not remove any of my McPherson suspension components on my 335I M bc I think it's an essential family component including the front vs back weight ratio.

However! If you don't drift or take hard corners much, who gives 2 sh1ts right

Ditch the make shift project, and enjoy your Exhast. It wont be the same anyway.

Thanks for sharing.

BB
08 335i MSPORT & PR PKG/aFe St2 DCI/AA BOV kit +DP/SprintBooster Stage 2/Avant Garde 19 rims/ HNK V12 Pro Tires/BMS Wheel Spacers/ E92 M F n B kit incl blk kidney grills and sensors/Afe mach Exhaust. M3 skirts, DNA map 3

Last edited by Bavarian Black; 09-19-2013 at 06:05 AM..
Appreciate 0