View Single Post
      04-03-2007, 08:53 AM   #67
Josh49
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 325xi

So upon further investigation of my wheel situation, I think I have a hypothesis why this happened. Like I said, I painted and clearcoated a sample piece and the match was identical. What I did not do to the sample piece was prime it. If you notice in my earlier pics, the primer I used was a greenish mustard color. This is the same hinge that the wheels look off by, and the hinge is local to the areas I primed. I think the primer I used was no good. It’s etching characteristics probably are good, but I think this is the reason the color is off. I think if I had a primer that was flat aluminum colored like what is on the wheels, or maybe not even use a primer, the wheels will come out like they should..

It must have etched it’s way through the paint or something. The day I finished this job, the match was exact, and is shown in the pictures.. It definitely came through the paint..

So I guess the 161’s will come back off, and I will sand these areas down to bare aluminum and go from there.. This is all making a lot more sense, because like I said, the color match was perfect. I’m anxious to get these reworked now.. Maybe I will take them off the car tonight..

E90 325XI, MYSTIC BLUE ON BLACK/ALUM, STEP, NAV, PDC, CWP, XENON, SIRIUS, ALARM, MUD GUARDS, CLEARBRA, CHROME GRILLS AND TIPS, VALENTINE 1 (HARDWIRED), HO CERAMIC 40%, 161'S, REAR FOG MOD, LUX 4.0, BLACKLINES, OEM PEDALS, MTEC FOGS, GRUPPE-M REP INTAKE. 156'S AND RUBBER MATS FOR THE WINTER.
Appreciate 0