Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve7909 View Post
helix looks like a great product, an im all about philly. I know the guys down VAC an there very helpful. I also got my DPs from fab speed "20 miles away", an if you never heard of them you should look them up! But the 900-1000$ price tag is a real turn off! But i will call them directly an see what they say, i work in a Body Shop so most places work with me.
If you're not gonna use Meth & want a 5" FMIC (minimum cutting & best applications for street cars that might see the occasionally track day), the Helix is #1 with it's stepped design.

If it's a bit out of budget, I'd recommend the Active Autowerke Sport FMIC. I'd also recommend the G5 board upgrade for the JB4 so you can more effective run E85 (which will give you race gas performance for ~$3.70/gal).

Problem is if you decide to buy coilovers (whether they're KW, H&R, TEIN, etc), they're going to eat up essentially all of your $1,500 budget. If suspension mods are more important at this point, then buy whatever coilover kit best suits your needs. If it's not that important, I'd recommend looking into sport springs (Eibach, H&R, TEIN, etc) and wait until the spring to get coilovers when you'll be able to enjoy them.
Appreciate 0