11-08-2011, 01:47 AM   #2
Patrys@BimmerTech
Banned
Poland
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by apw2607 View Post
So I retrofitted the Combox, replacing the older TCU. As a result, I did have to give up BMW Assist. This I dont care about other than the Send to car feature of Google maps.

I've always wanted to do this directly from my iOS device as well (iPad or iPhone), something that never worked with google maps on those devices.

In this case, I use a iPad. I have iCloud enabled, meaning all my contacts sync via the cloud to all my iOS devices.

So, on the ipad, launch google maps as normal, and look up your business name, or type in your destination address.

Tap the red pin in google maps and tap the (I). At the bottom of the info banner will be a button that says "add to contacts".

You're done, the contact will sync via icloud to your iPhone. If you're already using your iphone to do this, then its already stored locally as a contact (address, website, phone #).

Now, go to your car, go to Office > contacts and search for you're new contact. Select the address, and there will be a option to use this as a destination. Idrive will do a "address check" , before guidance starts ... but that's it. Done !

Google maps, send to car, **without** BMW Assist. :-)
Wow, this is cool

How about some pics?
Appreciate 0