View Single Post
      08-25-2013, 09:54 PM   #10
direwolfM3
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMD View Post
I'm a high school senior thinking about where I'm going to go. My #1 school is Miami, #2 is Georgetown, and #3 & #4 are Maryland and Alabama. I'm sure I can get into Miami and Maryland and Bama are my affordable backup schools. I want to major in Economics and eventually go to Medical or Dental School.

Where did/do you go? Would you go there again?
My only advice would be that if you plan on going to medical school, try to save money by going to a good in-state school for undergrad. Especially, if your like most people and will primarily depend on loans. The cost of med school continues to go up while doctors are making less. Low interest loans are pretty much non existent now. My cousin, who just finished dental school has $500k in loans!! A friend of mine who just finished a residency in anesthesiology has a MINIMUM loan payment of $3000 per month!

As far as what to major in, be careful to not to try to do to much. Only you know how much you can handle. If you double major or choose a difficult major and it effects your GPA, med school admission won't that easy.
Appreciate 0