12-02-2013, 10:51 AM   #101
ksspacegray07
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335is coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mJ335 View Post
I was one of many people who spent so much time trying to install the Homelink system but failed, and was still using the regular garage door opener remotes. I have finally installed mine, and feels great knowing my Premium Package is putting to good use . After learning this, I installed this for 4 other people that I know lol. Here is my contribution to you guys. I just wrote very detailed instructions for all the members who cannot work their homelink system. Hope this helps

Homelink System Installation

1. Park either inside the garage or have your car parked on driveway facing the garage as close as possible.

2. Press and hold the first and third button of the homelink buttons for approximately 20 seconds, until the red light starts blinking rapidly.

3. Press the button (1,2, or 3) you desire to have installed and hold it. The red light will be blinking slowly.

4. With the garage opener remote near the rear view mirror (1~4 inches near), press and hold the remote button while you are still holding the desired button on your homelink system. The red light will eventually blink rapidly. If so, release both buttons.

5. Next, go to the garage opener’s main console (it’s most likely the garage opener’s motor with the light turned on when opened/closed)

6. Search for a button that reads “learn”, “read”, or a noticeable button on your console. There aren’t a lot of buttons on that console, so you’ll most likely find it.

7. Press the button, and a light adjacent to the button will flash/blink. You have a 30 second window to finalize the installation.

8. Go back in the car, press and hold that button you desired to have installed and the light will blink rapidly for like 2 seconds and stop blinking (light will be on). Release the button and press/hold again. Repeat this two more times (A total of THREE times) and voila! The garage door will open/close!

Troubleshooting:

If you are stuck on number 4, try putting the garage opener remote near the 3 homelink buttons (1~4 inches). Try different angles of the remote if still does not work.

If you are stuck on number 6, where you can’t find ANY button on your console, you might have to open up the console and it will be there. I have a Genie brand garage opener and couldn’t find a button, so I gently spread open slightly between the light bulb cover and the console. Then the button was visible! So I got a flat-head screw driver, pressed the button and the light right next to it started flashing.

*I would recommend two people in installing this, so one person can be ready to press the “learn” button on the garage opener console and one working inside the car*

GOOD LUCK
got this working no problem, but when i try and code a second button it clears out the first button i coded...i have multiple garage doors, and obviously there are three buttons..how do i code all three
Appreciate 0