View Single Post
      05-15-2017, 12:54 PM   #1864
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by claycourter01 View Post
Thanks so much Zach--that does make sense; I always think of KAIO as a polish and did not think that it is a sealant also. That, and I probably used too much product.

I will start over as you recommend. Given that the product is advertised to last for up to 2 years, should I wait a certain amount of time before correcting?

Thanks again.
Once the coating has been applied, the only real way to remove it is to use an abrasive on it (i.e. A polish, compound, sand paper, etc). This means that as long as you are able to keep your finish swirl free, and clean, there is no need to correct the paint in any way, however once you do decide you need to polish the vehicle to restore clarity and gloss, you will have to reapply the coating all over again.

I personally do a light polish on our vehicles every 1.5-3 years, and I will then reapply a coating of my choice. In between applications, I simply wash the vehicles regularly (especially important if you live in an area with harsh environmental conditions) and apply coating toppers such as CarPro Reload, GTechniq C2, 22ple VS1, etc.

-Zach
Appreciate 0