02-08-2016, 01:56 AM   #16
x1ngxang
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
Update on the half engine light.. It seems to be gone now. The way I got it to go away, however, was pure luck. What I did was put the key in dash, and pressed the start button without holding the brake to turn on the ignition. Then I pressed and held the gas pedal down for about 30 seconds, released it, then pressed the brake down and pressed start again to turn the car on. The light didn't come on. I turned it off, then restarted it again and still the light did not return. My reasoning for trying that was because I thought maybe since I reset the adaptation that the car didn't know what the limits of the throttle pedal were anymore. Not sure if that's what it was or what but the light hasn't come back since. I still can't access the DME/DDE for clearing adaptations anymore but for now I'm just not going to worry about it.
Sorry to resurrect this post, but I just wanted to say THANK YOU! I did the same thing resetting adaptations and received the Engine Malfunction" light...

Some background: I usually use INPA to reset transmission adaptation values. But I hadn't done it in a while and felt the need to do it after my 330i felt sluggish after. But I forgot and instead of just resetting under transmission I also reset throttle valve adaptation values under engine. Got the error immediately upon starting the car. I crove for a bit thinking it would clear since it was running fine, but it did not...

Came back home and found your post, pedal to the medal with the key in position 2 for 30 seconds actually worked!!! And the e90 drives like a bat out of hell all over again! THANK YOU!!
Appreciate 1