View Single Post
      01-14-2011, 11:56 AM   #107
Placey
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 Z4 3.0SI

I had the pleasure of doing the seat heating retrofit for Hdrew (him not knowing), I was able to utilize all of the fuse locations and create my own harness using the proper guage wire and using the schematic for the vehicle. some vehicles may have different options, therefore the schematics would be different for the vehicle.

One note is that if you have the electric seats, the drivers seat heater will work without the retrofit, the retrofit and wiring have to be added to get the passenger side seat heating to work. the wiring from fuse 3 and 10 are not present from factory, along with the wiring from the JBE and the ground wire. in all, there are 4 wires which need to be run, 3 from behind the glovebox to the seat connector, 1 from the seat connector to the vehicle ground connection. 2 wires are of 2.5mm diameter, 2 wires are of .5mm diameter, make sure you use the proper guage as they will burn up if you dont.

This was a challenge from the beginning, but getting the vehicle without OEM heated seats and installing them to OEM standards is far better than going aftermarket. they also look better as you utilize all the OEM switches and controls

08 Z4 3.0SI Black Sapphire/Black Int, 6sp, Sport/Premium --- retired ---
2010 BMW 650GS -- Z4 replacement

Working with the most talented people on the most technically advanced automobiles....
Appreciate 0