View Single Post
      06-11-2013, 10:10 AM   #4
RandomHero
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i e92

This is what I got from your post:

1.) You had a below average 60' time- You said you're on bald tires that even in good shape perform poorly at the track. Plus, I assume you don't have a limited slip.

2.) It's mid June at this point. You're in Houston where the DA is about as good as anywhere, but this time of the year is horrible for the track. I just checked and the DA (Density Altitude) seems to be around the ~2500ft mark at this time of year. On a perfect night in Houston, I've heard of negative DAs.

3.) Were you hotlapping the car? Did you do any logs to see what kind of IATs you are seeing? Are you dead hooking or are you getting a bunch of wheel spin? Either way are you brake stalling the car and building any boost off the line?

.1 of a second off your 60' generally equals to .2 seconds off your E.T. Get that 60' down to a 1.80 and you're looking at mid 12s. Run your car when the temperature gets back below 70* and you'll probably see low 12s.

Hot air, crappy tires, and an open differential spell a disappointment for just about an forced induction car. Run a 35 shot of nitrous if you want to forget about weather issues.
Appreciate 0