View Single Post
      05-17-2008, 06:47 PM   #1
mgarvey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Renault Megane

Anyone own or driven a 1er vert yet?

I currently have an E91 3-series, which I plan to replace in November(ish). I have kids (well one, with another due next week) and as a result my wife recently replaced her car with a Renault Scenic. Since she doesn't like the hard ride and heavy controls on mine she very rarely drives it, and the Scenic has become the family car.

In short, I've had my son in the BMW zero times since she bought the Scenic in January, so when I change it I can get away with any car that can take two baby seats and a double buggy. It doesn't have to do this comfortably, and it doesn't matter if it takes half an hour to get them in and out, or if one has to go in the front, since the car will only have to take them a couple of times a year.

On that basis, the 1-series convertible appeals!

So:

- Has anyone driven one (or owns one) and what do they think?

- My head says get a 118i as it looks like it is decent enough (similar performance to my old 318Ci, which was fine) and with all the ED stuff will be dirt cheap to run. However, my heart says 'don't be stupid, buy a 125i just for the noise', so I'd be interested in experiences of both.

- Has anyone tried to fit baby seats in them? I'll initially have one forward facing and one rear facing.
Appreciate 0