View Single Post
      10-13-2012, 06:14 AM   #60
ZhengHai
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by badass1g View Post
UPDATE. I installed my fronts last night, OP i almost guarantee i know what your problem is. The info in post 47 is what you need to check. First of all make sure that little pin thing that sticks off the strut is aligned so that it can slide down inside the collar. Then you need to put a jack under the botton knuckle, slowly jack it up (i had to hit the brakes a couple times with a rubber mallet, it kept getting jammed as i was jacking it up. You should be able to see about 1.5-2" of the KW strut poking out below that colar that it sits in.

I dont think it was 3" but it was a good amount. I am currently 5 threads from the bottom and to me it is a perfect drop, it is not tucking but there is zero gap at all. I dont think i could fit my pinky in there. It looks PERFECT.

So check into this make sure you see the bottom of the strut sticking out the bottom of that collar, im almost willing to place money that this is the issue.
Awesome! I just remember sliding the the strut (with the nub) into the groove (of the hub) and left it. I didnt double check it to make sure it seated all the way down like you guys were saying. Just thought as long was it went into the groove it was fine.

Unfortunately my car is in storage and im outta states. So i will definitely do that when i get back. I reall hope this will settle my problem.