11-15-2012, 11:31 AM   #13
SteveC
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-Power View Post
As has already been said, the mileage would concern me. 6,500 in 4 years is ridiculously low even if it's only been used at the weekend for example.
I can give you at 2 personal experiences of low mileage

I bought a 2007 BMW GS1200 in 2010 with 1170 miles. The guy had 4 cars plus the bike and his own business. The receipt he gave me from his purchase of the bike showed he'd traded a 3 year old FireBlade with 700 miles. I once bought a 1 year old Honda CBX six with 300 miles. The guy had been out twice and scared himself silly both times!

My nextdoor neighbour works on contract in various middle eastern countries. In order to avoid UK tax he spends less than 90 days in the country each year. He has a BMW1300 bike and an XK something or other that hardly ever see the light of day. When he sells either one someone is going to get a pretty tasty deal of a well depreciated car or bike with absolutely no wear and tear. Bike and car are serviced every year.

There are plenty of people around with money and no time. In the old days we used to spend time to save money. These days we spend money to save time
Appreciate 0