United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 328xi; '04 wrx; '08 z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsuma View Post

^ thanks.

""Originally Posted by DUI Elite View Post
x2

quit misinforming people 325ispeed. I use the on board computer to check my temperature and make sure I always get it to at least above 60 Celsius, and I havent had the ticking problem since.

From what I understand, and have experienced, the problem is poor design on BMWs part for lubrication. When the car gets to operating temperature (between 75 and 125 Celsius in the hidden computer) the car has no trouble lubricating components.

Amazed how people will believe "theory" over experience. If checking the temperature of your car to make sure its warm (even on short trips) is a hassle, don't get an E9X BMW.""

-Seriously, if you want us to follow this advice, maybe get BMW to make it easier to check the water temp than launching a space shuttle. My car moves the mirrors when I put it in reverse, but can't tell me when it's warm? Seriously misplaced proirities - just like almost all modern cars. I pretty much hate all modern cars. Not for what they are, but for the user interface. And it's only going to get worse.

Goodbye manual transmissions. Hello lane-departure assist, automatic brakes and BAL steering wheels. After all, we can't be trusted with driving.
Appreciate 0