View Single Post
      07-31-2007, 12:40 AM   #1
WOPALX
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

Dyno Day - Some good, some bad & certainly lucky.

Had the chance to meet Captn' Oz today at the Tune House in Marrickville where we were having our toy's dyno'd.

Captn' Oz has the proceed with the earlier map, mine is running the latest map.

Anyway the coupe was set up first (after a damn long time waiting) and he got an average over 3 runs of 232 km at the wheels. Not sure what the drive train losses are with the steptronic but assuming 20% that would mean 278kw at the flywheel. Not a bad increase over stock.

After the Capt'n left we bolted up the sedan and let it rip. My runs were not as smooth as the car threw a couple of codes, interesting they were related to the tire sensors and ABS? Mine had an average over 3 runs of 234kw at the wheels which would equate to 280kw at the flywheel assuming 20% for drive train losses.

Will post copies of the dyno graphs when the people email them to me.

So time came to leave and the operators moved my car to the entry area where I jumped in to rush back to the office. I started the car and started to move when I noticed the codes, so for some really dumb stupid arsed reason I decided to get the code reader from the boot to reset the thing.

In my haste I forgot to actually use the handbrake or select park and dived out of the drivers door. Of course the car started moving forward so I tried to lean in and slip it into neutral. Unfortunatly the door hit the piller before either of these things occured, trapping me between the pillar and inside of the door.

I then managed to hit the stop button and one of the guys helped by moving it to neutral so they could roll the car back and free me from my not so pretty position. Lucky my hips and shoulders took most of the force, if it had of been an arm or leg I would have been royally stuffed.

So my car is off to BMW @ Artarmon for a new door, mirror, probably the glass etc etc.

Happily I was able to remove the proceed in about 20mins (despite shaking hands) so it's good to see my time is improving.

Pics of my new style door;
Attached Images

Appreciate 0