View Single Post
      04-12-2013, 07:01 AM   #6
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 e90

I got my CPO from them and had to go back for a We Owe item + service. I wasn't that impressed on my first visit either, never went back again. I've had great luck with bloomfield... But now they are under new management. I haven't had any real issues with my car tho... But most things i feel like bimmer techs don't know much about the car and just go for the quick fix of toss new parts at a problem rather then actually investigate or fix something that isn't working.

I hope that one day we can get away from the dealership model, so we can go to indys for warranty work. Because i tend to feel that i need to do all the diag and problem solving for the dealership service depts for them to actually act on an issue. I've never had them proactively find an issue on my behalf.

Also, i plan on having my indy look over my car before my CPO is up and take that laundry list to the dealership for any last minute fixes (2 or 3 months before my CPO is up). Don't want to have an issue with getting something done just barely under the wire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romanonj View Post
I didnt post my rant asking for your opinion, but to warn people to be cautious.. Opinions are like a$$ holes, everyone has gotten one..

I got screwed by these guys out of 3k of warranty repairs and $500 for tests that were not necessary. Needless to say, I went over some of my old e90 repair bills and found transmission leak repair order charging $700 and 5.5 hours of labor. According to BMW service bulletin, gasket replacement procedure takes 1.5 hours. This was at the time I thought these guys were still good.. I asked the SA to help me get this resolved, and both SA and SM never even bothered returning BMW NA calls or emails.

I am glad you like them, as I did in the begining.. Having experienced incompetency, I now warn people to go there at their own risk!
Appreciate 0