View Single Post
      07-11-2009, 12:21 PM   #48
Nater
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Briskly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmurray14 View Post
I believe Mr. 5 is correct, for you to get the CPO warranty, you cannot lapse in warranty coverage.
Copied directly from BMWUSA.com:

What qualifies a BMW to become a Certified Pre-Owned BMW?
Only the best pre-owned BMWs qualify for the Certified Pre-Owned BMW Vehicle Program. To be eligible for enrollment in the Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle Program, a late-model vehicle must be in service for at least six months or have more than 6,000 miles but less than 60,000 miles on the odometer. They must pass an extensive examination - a thorough and rigorous inspection by BMW factory-trained technicians. They inspect the vehicle for safety, performance and wear. If something is not right, it is fixed. If it cannot be fixed, the car cannot become a Certified Pre-Owned BMW.

In short, we're picky. But when you see everything covered under our Protection Plan, you'll understand why.

Ask to see the Certified Pre-Owned Inspection Checklist. It is your assurance of the quality, reliability and overall pleasure BMW owners have come to expect.

I forget the year cut off, but you still can certify a car past the original warranty of 50,000 until 60,000 miles. I do believe that all of the E9Xs are young enough that if they have less than 60,000 miles they could be certified.
Appreciate 0