01-27-2013, 10:52 AM   #258
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by drZ View Post
Hi guys..anyone know of coders in the republic of ireland, especially in the southern counties? and if not can anyone shine some light in terms of LCI tail lights retrofitting?
I have found a garage locally who has autologic facilities but they have informed me that the car needs to be read and then findings sent to autologic and then a solution will be emailed back by autologic..but I have read in the past that the LCI retrofit solution is not something officially provided by the company so they might not give/have the solution..right now I have a bulb error warning and fast blinking signals plus my welcome lights (drl+tails) are not constantly lighting up upon unlocking the door..any help appreciated..

ps I do apologise if this topic has been discussed in this thread but I havent read the whole thread..
BMW actually facilitate retrofits and make retrofit kits.
There is a retrofit cable adaptor and there is a sepcific code for the dealer to do it. Your dealer may not have done it or may not be willing to do it as they may not have done it.

If you have retrofitted LCI tail lights, you will need to re arrange the wiring for the lights on your boot trunk or buy adaptors from the dealer.
Once that is done, then take it to the garage who has autologic.
As far as Autologic is concerned, ask them to turn the rear bulb checks OFF.

And that should do the job.