Burning the midnight oil
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by cssnms View Post
For what you describe....

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...catalogid=4462

You will not be able to find something better for your intended purpose. But if you have not changed out your stock OEM run-flat tires (which I assume are on 17" wheels) for something more performance oriented you are doing yourself a diservice -- the suspension will over-match the capabilties of your tires.
Looks great. Do you know anyone who has done this modification on the 335d? I had the dealership look into the BMW Performance Suspension a while back. It was awhile ago, and I don't remember the conversation verbatim, but the impression I got was that they didn't think it would work on the d. They might have said something about the increased weight upfront due to the engine... but as I said, I can't quite remember. Suffice it to say, I left the conversation annoyed that it wouldn't work. I also think the BMWUSA site doesn't offer the same suspension for the 335d as an option. It shows up on the list of option for the 335i, but then vanishes when searched on 335d criteria. Any ideas on what's up with that?
Appreciate 0