Thread: Bloody Dealers
View Single Post
      04-16-2011, 03:57 AM   #1
atariboy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 33I M-Sport Dec'11

Bloody Dealers

Just why are dealers so clumsy with customers cars? For a top marque car, you would think that the dealerships would have quality control procedures before releasing a vehicle back to the customer.
My car suffered from a leaky roof and when it was finally fixed, I noticed, after getting the car home, that the rear quarter panel had a dent in it and the paintwork was damaged. I took it straight back to Dick Lovetts and they accepted liabilty straightaway and booked it in to their Sp*****ster bodyshop to be repaired.
I got the car back last saturday which was a gloriously sunny day and all seemed well.
I then noticed that in the bright sunshine, the so called clean and polish that Sp*****ster had done, seemed to be patchy all over the bonnet and front wings. I looked a little closer and it looks as if they seem to have damaged the paintwork as there were dull marks all over the paintwork. I have tried everything to remove the marks but they wont polish or t-cut out. A friend of mine who is a car valeter thinks it may be some sort of adhesive from the tape that was used to mask the car up before painting. What ever it is, it wont come out.
Its a company car so I logged it with the leasing company last monday and I am paying a visit to sp*****ster today to see if they will accept liability....should be interesting
Appreciate 0