08-27-2011, 09:03 PM   #2255
kdiggz
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasillalov View Post
You make it sound like ATR will magically resolve all issues. I disagree. ATR will allow users to change any parameters. The vast majority of people here (including me) have no idea how to tune an engine. I do know very well though how an engine should behave. Similar to the fact that I am absolutely horrible at playing a musical instrument but I have a very good appreciation of quality music!

ATR in the wrong hands will make an off-the-shelf map even more undriveable and problematic. ATR in the right hands *could* be a fantastic thing. Let me guess, you are going to sit around here and ask Clap to give you tips on how to run your engine?

Like I said before, I am going to keep my Cobb AP till Stage 2 comes out. If they have made significant improvements in driveability and power control, then I will keep it. If it turns out that the problems are still there, I am selling it.

I just want to drive my car in a way that I don't have to worry about the tune, be able to perform well on the track and whenever I have passengers, I don't get asked if my car is broken, when throttle closure galore hits...
you can pay a tuner shop to dyno tune your car. nobody expects you to do it yourself. you have that option but the majority of people will rely on tuners to fine tune for your exact setup
Appreciate 0