M3to335
Whats that smell?
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bimmers, duh

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftcoastman View Post
What run groups are you guys in?

I'm getting 285 oil temps with EASE when I run tracks at 2000ft elevation. That was with the stock oil cooler.

I bring a few 2.5 gallon cans full of unleaded 105 to the track. Yeah, I have to keep the sunroof open and blast the fan, otherwise I pass out, lol. You could also run NOS Off-road formula, which I've found to actually reduce timing retard (via data logging).

And coilovers and r-comps help, especially if you can get some camber up front. I'm within 2 seconds of a stock Z06 on a 2 minute track. Stock 911 and 911S have no chance.
Spiralout is running novice. I was running solo intermediate. The last run of the day was a free-for-all. Everyone was out there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lane View Post
The weight difference is 55 pounds...so I guess that makes 997tt a heavy ass car too ... especially since it's not as balanced having the most of its weight just there in the ass side
Nah, this was no stock 997tt The particular one I was talking about was gutted and setup as a "track car". My car gets groceries and takes Sunday drives
Appreciate 0