View Single Post
      04-07-2012, 10:24 AM   #145
redz06
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i sedan

Adequate for me

Nathan - Nothing to speak about = I am not going to go on and on to describe the excellence of the underseat sspeaker sound. In no way does it imply that there is anything wrong with the setup or the installation. It is adequate for my purpose.

Let me explain it to you by analogy. When asked how is the acceleration of your BMW 335i, my reply would be "it is adequate for my purpose". Does that mean my car is not running correctly or that I do not drive it well? No it does not. My purpose for the BMW is to be my daily driver. My other car is a 2008 Corvette Z06 and despite the fact that it is 100% stock, it makes the BMW seem pretty tame in comparison.

Now look at JeffB's situation. He has been runing a subwoofer which was removed for good reason. His system with the Jehnert but without the subwoofer was not satisfactory in comparison so he has added EQ to the Jehnert (same as adding a massive turbocharger to my BMW). My question was, will it last over the long run? The same question would apply if I were to use a big turbo to extract about 550HP from my BMW.
Appreciate 0