Careful, I Bite.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJP View Post
For the past two years I've had a Samsung PN63C550 HDTV and a Sasmsung 5.1 home theater system hooked up in my basement working flawlessly.

About a month ago I started having problems with the external speakers. All of a sudden the speakers will only work when watching a blu-ray/dvd movie but for normal cable only the built in tv speakers will work. I've already tried replacing the HDMI cable, nothing. Unplugged everything and reboot, nothing. Checked for loose connections, nothing. Replaced cable box with new one, nothing.

I checked the settings menu to make sure its set to external speakers and even with that setting enabled I still can't hear anything. I also did a sound check calibration and all of the speakers work fine... just not with cable. I'm just about to give up at this point as I don't know where else to troubleshoot. If anyone can come up with an explanation as to what is going on I'd love to hear it and I would certainly appreciate the help.

I have a fiber optic cable that goes from the TV to the audio receiver. Without it, I couldn't hear the cable sound, since cable doesn't go through my receiver . Does your system have/need this cable?
Appreciate 0