Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by x5love View Post
How will hydrogen cars not work??

The emission is nothing but water!
Hydrogen is a good idea but its really expensive. The catalyst, commonly Platinum, is a pretty expensive material and if there was a market for hydrogen cars, the cost of the catalyst would just increase even more. Not only that but I don't know if I'd want Hydrogen car. I'm not sure how the fuel cells actually react with sparks of energy, but I do know that H2 + oxygen and a flame will cause a release in energy--not sure I'd want to be driving something that may be capable of instantly exploding after a severe car accident. Lastly, i think it takes energy to make the fuel for the hydrogen cars--correct me if I'm wrong. & if it takes energy, it most likely comes from Coal Power plants which is what the US primarily uses as a source of energy. From what I remember, the US hasn't built a new nuclear power plant since the 1990s and alternative energy is still a small %age.

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0