11-26-2007, 02:14 PM   #316
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartman32 View Post
HELP!!!!
For the last 4 months we have had our house under construction which meant that a lot of our crap was in our garage. I made sure to leave room for the BMW but the Ford has been out getting hit by sprinklers every night! LOTS of hard water stains! I spent ALL day on it and I think I've got 90% of it out of the paint with Scratchx and Meguiar's swirl remover. I probably needed something even more appraisive but that's all I could find. The real problem now is all of the trim and windows still have tons of spots. What might you suggest for that? Already tried 1/1 Vinegear/water spray. I even tried claying the window but that didn't work either.

Thanks
If you've already exhausted using vinegar and clay with no luck, the next logical step would be to use a non-abrasive chemical polish on those areas, such as Klasse All In One.

Beyond a chemical polish, you'll start getting into abrasive polishes and progressing further and further with the level of abrasives until desired results are achieved. Did you happen to try the ScratchX on the trim and windows? If so, then yes, your next step would be to go with something more aggressive and perhaps introduce a buffer to the equation.

Let me know if you already tried the ScratchX on those affected areas and we'll go from there.

George
Appreciate 0