01-22-2010, 09:51 AM   #66
Zeph
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i 6MT SGM CR/BD

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboawdfanatic View Post
After the VK IC fell through. I was ready to pull the trigger on this until I saw the install video. Looks to be like a decent amount of trimming that's required. I'd love to have a mixture of the VK with HPF end tanks. I just want an IC that's better than stock, requires zero trimming and utilizes stock C clips. And I know weight has it's advantages with cooling....but damn 22-23 lbs, probably the heaviest aftermarket IC out there.
VERY smart choice actually... people bolting on these huge FMIC's to run 380 RWHP are just adding dead weight and probably some lag to their cars. Even the smallest FMIC upgrades can handle these bolt-on cars putting down less than 400 or so RWHP. I bet a majority are leased and will be converted back to stock and turned in... or maybe it was a purchase but the car will never see anything beyond the typical bolt-ons and will be sold one day within the next couple of years. Keeping the stock connectors and not having to cut the bumper up will be a HUGE advantage to most people.
Appreciate 0