View Single Post
      02-04-2009, 12:27 PM   #11
skimo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335 vert Dinan II

Quote:
Originally Posted by skim7x View Post
wth are you guys talking about... take off the badge!? WHY!? Call Dinan?? WHY!? These suggestions are seriously rediculous...

You bought dinan so that you don't have to worry about these kinds of things... badge or not, it plainly states in the BMW computer system that you have Dinan software so that they know to send a warranty claim to Dinan.

Also, dealerships don't give you the runaround for Dinan problems... the dealer just fixes the car, regardless of who pays (BMW or Dinan) and then the warranty claim is settled between BMW and Dinan... you just get your car fixed...

(BTW, I don't mean to be so harsh... I just don't want the OP to take off his Dinan badge when he obviously dished out >$5k on Dinan products to get the badge...)
Honestly the "issue" here is that a worn clutch is not really a warranty item since its wear-tear. I heard its just done out of good will. I thought I would loose this "good will privelage" with a tune..and Dianan could refuse to warranty because its not really a warranty item! That was the cause of my concern. UNless im all wrong on this and it IS a warranty item!
Appreciate 0