View Single Post
      05-13-2015, 10:13 AM   #1093
Chris_11
Rep
Drives: Bmw 320i e92

Ok guys... after a month of problems with my car especially at the first start in the morning, i think I got to the bottom of this... I guess you will have a shock but hear me out. For those of you with n43 engines running like crap and you don't have any idea what is rong with it... check the oil fill cap. It seems it does not plug in perfectly and that is a source of 1000 problems that could go rong, sending fake erros on ECU and making the engine to run like crap(misfires, no power, judders, etc). Just try and change it or put it the other way arround, with the "Bmw recomends Castrol" the other way arround. My car is running ok after i modified the position of the cap and i will change it with the new one.
Another thing with this cap... i had a friend with a 1 series with the n43 engine and the same... engine runs like crap, no power, sounded awfull. Bmw Service told him to replace the nox sensor and the crankshaft senors. I looked at his oil cap, i tried to modifie those two pins so the cap can force to isolet on the engine and the probleme is gone. For nearly 3 days that 1 series is working perfect. On the 2011 n43 they changed the oil cap with a new one. You might want to check it out...

Last edited by Chris_11; 05-14-2015 at 10:07 AM..
Appreciate 0