DallasBoosted
Captain
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger_Extract View Post
Nice video. As previously mentioned ITT, there was some questionable passing seen the video. That first 911 that the E46 M3 and yourself were behind should have given you both the point-by ages ago! That Spec P-car came in way too hot on the inside, I agree with others saying that it would have been safer to tuck into the corner more slowly (it still would not have even been two-wide, you gave him enough room IMO) instead of trying to get completely past before setting up for the corner. Was s/he on cold tires just getting on to the track, or were they just behind you in traffic and eventually caught up? Fortunately, there looked to be a good amount of run-off room if necessary, and you were on your toes, so no one had their day ruined (except maybe their ego a little).
The spec 996 had been on the track and caught us, but they did come out late. They had maybe done a lap or two.

I don't think there was anything particularly risky there; we saw both the corvette and 911 coming and made room for them, and it was pretty obvious he was spinning right away. People screw up and go off track at track events, it happens. It wouldn't be fun if everyone drove single file and never messed up
Appreciate 0