View Single Post
      05-01-2010, 11:45 PM   #8
dbjb
I sweat pheromones
Rep
Drives: e92 335i, retired SLK55

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUMPD View Post
Which brand vinyl did you use ? Is it better to go with a 2 mil thickness or 4 mil (like the 3M stuff) ?
Good questions. I used Avery that was purchased from bmwshadowline.com. I do not know if it's 2 or 4 mil. I would imagine 2 is more plyable whereas 4 is more durable This was my first experience with vinyl so I have no idea which is best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
WoW! Really nice DIY!! I would not have thought about removing the rain gutters rails. Couldn't you have just wrapped over them?

IF you don't mind... could you post some close ups of the roof edges outside in the sun.

TIA Love your roof!
I highly recommend removing the roof rails. Tucking the vinyl into that channel means there's less chance of water or wind getting under the vinyl after installation. I'll take some new pics after I install my springs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ********* View Post
Nice DIY. Wish you wrote this up before I wrapped my roof in Di-Noc though. What did you do about the shark fin? My shark fin is bubbling in the sun because I stretched it too much. I'm getting a cover and either painting it black or getting it professionally wrapped. BTW, you can use quarters to keep the wind deflector down.

This is the driver's side.
Great idea using the quarters! I just installed the roof 5 days ago and am still driving around without a fin. I need to find one. I've seen some cf units but would rather get an oem unit painted Jet Black. Perhaps Tischer?
Appreciate 0