United States Marine
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by teknochild View Post
your missing the point, it does not matter if their is a vacuum in the manifold; during idle the TB is OPEN both sides of the spring occupy the same pressure zone, there would be no forces on the spring

edit: and dont tell me that theres a pressure diffrence because the throttle body is a restrictive point either because then the spring would load under boost; and leak boost (to clarify, understand there would be a diffrence, but for the spring to open under that diffrence it would also have to open under boost)

also another quick pre-empt, dont try and say the throttle body is partially closed during idle because thats not true either

did YOU ever do your little paper test?

if you can give me some other reason to believe that the spring would be loaded i will go pull off the hose myself and check

Tech...

You do realize this ISN'T a valvetronic car we're talking about? The throttle valve is only barely open at idle. There is vacuum in the intake manifold, and just slightly less than atmospheric pressure in the pre-compression side of the intake tubing. Once the turbo's spool, the pressure created then fills the intake manifold and the intake tubing, POST-compressor side... Then you take your foot off the gas, and the throttle valve closes. All remaining boost in the manifold is immediately sucked into the cylinders, and the remaining boost in the post-compression side of the tubing is vented.

If you're claiming that the throttle valve is OPEN at idle, you're imagining your 335 has valvetronic, which it doesn't.
Appreciate 0