View Single Post
      04-19-2007, 12:13 PM   #123
bimmernotbeamer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by richifever View Post
Thank you much for your how-to. Very very informative, and your answers to other's questions are great as well. I have a couple of questions too.

1. I purchased the different pads from pakshak,when and how should they be used.

2. I purchased the different towels stated in an earlier post; what is the purpose of each type?

3. So the only time to be applying any pressure is when claying?

4. What is the proper motion for buffing? Do i buff by hand or using the pc?

5. is it necessary to to use IP on a brand new car?

Thank your in advance for your help.
Oops. Looks like I missed this post!

1. Use the cutting pad(don't know the colour of Pak-Shak's pads off the top of my head) in conjunction with a cutting polish like menzerna IP to remove swirls. Follow up with a polishing pad and a product like Zaino ZPC or Menzerna FP2 to remove any haze and restore full gloss to the finish. Use a finishing pad to apply any liguid waxes or sealants (I always do these by hand)

2. Walffle weave towels are good for drying your car. Fluffier MF towels are good for quick detailing And the normal size/plushness MF towels are good for removing waxes and sealants.

3. No, don't apply pressure when claying. Glide the clay on the finish and let it pick up the contamination.

4. When you say buffing, I assume you mean removing product residue from your paint that you have just applied. I always remove any residue by hand. No need to use the PC. I always wipe in a front to back, back to front motion.

5. If your new car has deep swirls that require removal, then yes, IP will be needed. However, if the finish is already in excellent shape then Zaino ZPC is all you will need.

Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0