06-06-2011, 07:35 PM   #354
acdHQK713K
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraRacer13 View Post
Gentlemen I put my car through the wringer today and it came out smelling like roses! I went to MotorSport Ranch (MSR) in Cresson Texas today and ran the grueling 3.1 mile setup. I will attach a video here soon. I arrived late due to a suspension issue (Terry and Matt at Vorshlag ROCK!)- arriving at 1PM.

It was already 95 degrees outside. I ran my full Cobb tune (93 octane V2.00 map). As the day progressed, the ambient temp climbed to 100. No idea what it was on the track, likely over 115. I was using stock coolant with one bottle of mocool. I did not get any coolant temp readings. My best lap was 2:48:15, compared to spec miata time of 2:51. I ended up running 3 full 20 min sessions, fairly close together.

My highest oil temp reading was 260. It just wasn't an issue. I am sure some guys could push the car harder than I did, but I had zero cooling issues with the STETT stg II oil cooler doing its job like a MOFO! If only my brakes would have done as well!

I also did not have the heater on.
Seems like Stett is the only way to go.

As someone asked above, is there any value to removing the fog light housing on the passenger side?
Appreciate 0