Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylekuu View Post
OP:
As far as power goes, the Xi has balls. But do you really need it? I only say this, i like to launch at stay under 2.2k rpms from stop and go anyways. I could always rev like crazy and take off faster, but i just see it as a waste of gas, and heck if your doing this in local, your gonna have to hit the brakes that much sooner (and more) and cut left and right. On the freeways, it's still great power. I don't know why people complain about power and all, but heck last i check the highest speed limit in the country is 75 on interstates. And a hybrid car can do that easy, surely a i6 shouldn't be having problems in that field.

Agreed, my 325i had plenty of power for me, and that's why I'm "only" looking for an E92 328i and not a 335i. The majority of my driving is on pothole laden roads on which I wouldn't want to speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtualbong
If you need the car to accelerate faster off a red light or merging into oncoming traffic then maybe you shouldn't be merging into traffic at that time.

+1,000. However in the case that I accidentally pull out in front of someone, power isn't a bad thing.

Not that I've ever done that or anything.