11-30-2012, 04:00 PM   #19
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 M-Tech 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by KwlAznKid View Post
lol damn, i want to keep my car smog legal by all means so a cat delete is out of the question for me . i was going to do a resonator delete with a universal muffler so your idea is similar to what i was thinking of, but if i put the muffler where the resonator is i'm afraid the sound would come more from "under" the car as opposed to the rear, is that a problem? since the muffler would be placed more in the middle of the chasis as opposed to the rear. i have no clue why in my original pic i included a resonator i was going to put straight pipes there lol, guess i wasn't thinking when i drew that pic haha
Just get a high flow cat
Where the muffler is isn't a concern of where the sound comes from. As long as you have it all expel from behind the car, that's where the sound will come from. The closer the muffler is to the end, the raspier the sound will be and louder. This being because the sound doesn't have as far to travel so it doesn't "deaden" out. Sometimes people add resonators with straight pipes so it doesn't sound so raspy and race like but if you keep the cats, a res delete and new muffler will be the way to go
Driving is like having sex.
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.
Appreciate 0