View Single Post
      06-11-2012, 03:32 PM   #1
SAM67
Cars & Guitars
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i E90

Cheap Mod: all-red "LCI" style taillight on pre-LCI E90 Sedan

I never liked the look of the white back-up lights on my 2008 E90 sedan and decided to mimic the all-red LCI taillights using some red window tint. Pretty easy/cheap mod compared with buying black-lines -- I actually prefer the all-red look myself. Check out my photos and one I found on-line of the stock pre-LCI taillights.

I paid $13 for a 24"x24" piece of red tint (http://www.metrorestyling.com/Red-Ou...redoutfilm.htm) and $40 for the install at IDS on south Broadway. Took the IDS installer Matt about 15 minutes and it turned out much better than I could do! I had him cut out a small rectangle shape following the lines of the existing taillight so the light would shine through when backing up at night. Looks similar to the rectangle shape on the LCI taillight.

The color doesn't match 100% when viewing from certain angles but unless you are looking for it, I don' think anyone would ever notice. I have some extra tint left over if anyone wants to give it a try.

-Scott
Attached Images