View Single Post
      01-05-2013, 03:53 PM   #108
Palmnuts
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Huracan Evo & M8 GC

The time period is acceptable (just) but I'd hit that mileage by July/August this year so would exceed the overall limit by probably 18k miles. I guess that would be around £2k in charges which is equivalent to another £140 per month

This is the problem with me and leases - not only do I not like committing to more than a year (that alone would be a result) but, unlike PCP's, leases do require you to set a realistic mileage limit, which then seems to bump up the cost considerably.

On a PCP, the actual mileage come trade-in (or sale of the car) has much less of an impact for me because I don't keep cars long enough to do really big mileages on them. So, whilst I may set a 6k pa limit to keep the monthlies lower, as I only keep the car 6 months even if I do 10k miles in that time, the mileage has hardly impact on the value in comparison to other factors such as year/age/market forces etc).

I'm still favouring keeping the RRS at this moment in time (you can all pick your jaws up off the floor...this will probably change by next week )
Appreciate 0