View Single Post
      07-19-2013, 06:55 PM   #1
HEY32G
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 sdrive35is

Z4 M Roadster or a 335i Coupe w/ M Sports Package?

Trying to decide between the two cars. M is pure sports car but no back seat (I have 3 kids, but we have other cars) and higher maintenance costs due to needing to have the valves adjusted every 15k miles. Had an '07 e90 335i, with a manual transmission and loved it, but lease ended and I got weird need for an RX8 R3. No limited slip on the 335 always annoyed me too.

So you guys think the 335 will be close enough in the fun category to make it a good choice? Or should I stick with the M and go with the pure sports car.

I live in a small town so I never drive too far, I work from home so I never have to deal with traffic, but I have two kids that can't drive yet. My oldest will be getting his license this year and we're going to get him an SUV so we will have the family truckster, and my wife has a MB C-Class.

My car will not quite be a daily driver, but close to it.

Would also consider an A5 but unless it's an S5 there just really isn't any performance there. Also considered a TT.

Also, do the buttons switch gears fast enough on the automatics? I might do that but I would definitely switch to the proper M3 style paddle layout.

Just looking for thoughts. Thanks.
Appreciate 0