View Single Post
      05-08-2013, 08:34 PM   #24
tambyz4
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 535D M-Sport

You know I've pretty much had it with people thread crapping on other peoples for sale posts. What a car is worth to you is not the same as it is to somebody else. When people make blanket statements, like your car is priced way to high, they don't know all the facts, or why the car is priced the way it is. There a ton of factors that effect car price and what people are willing to pay. The fact that somebody just payed X$ for a car has absolutely no bearing on what some random car posted for sale should go for in your eyes. And your comments don't do anything except hurt the chances of somebody actually selling a car through a forum.

Here's an example.

Two cars. Same year, model options, color, millage.

One car has been really driven hard short distances, left out on the street, has a few scratches dings, maybe had a little body work done, had its front windshield replaced, It's a 4 owner, and has never been serviced, and only had one or two oil changes in its life. The previous owners used and abused it. But it cleans up nice, so its up for sale.

The second car is a two owner, shows a 93 score on auto-check, similar car are 81-88. The of first owner was a woman who drove it sparingly, kept it in a garage, and never failed to have it hand washed every two weeks, and waxed bi-monthly if it needed it or not. The second owner keeps it in a garage and its also garage kept where he drives to work. All the millage is highway and it is never abused. Its hand washed only, every other week, and has been maintained and babied as it was his dream car. Oh its also got some killer after market wheels, oh and another set for winter that go with the car.

Should these cars be priced the same? Which one would you want? A better question being that I know the answer to the first question, is how much more is the second car worth to you? 2k? More? Maybe your a car nut and really appreciate a well kept car that looks almost brand new after 4 years because it was kept by people who really love cars. If right now, you go to cars.com and search for a 2009 328 vert. You will see prices like these, I just did this. In the following example only three cars were CPO. And none of them were M-Sports. How is 32.5 way too high?

Name:  prices1.png
Views: 313
Size:  265.2 KB
Name:  prices2.png
Views: 312
Size:  213.7 KB

In the future I would appreciate it if people who see a car for sale and think in their expert opinion that it is priced too high, do what I do, say to yourself, I think that is priced too high, but if that guy can get what he thinks its worth good for him. And keep that thought to yourself. Your not buying it, your not interested in it, but you feel obligated to comment on how high priced it is, doing nothing but hurting the OPs effort to sell his car. That in my expert opinion is being a DB. Thanks for listening to this rant. I wish somebody who agreed with me would make a sticky and keep it at the top of the for sale section.

JT

And for all you new members ( yes you with 7 posts) please read the forum rules. Thanks.

Forum rules

Last edited by tambyz4; 05-08-2013 at 09:16 PM..
Appreciate 0