View Single Post
      04-20-2012, 01:24 PM   #73
robc1976
DIYER
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanGA View Post
great video. If I had access to a lift, I would be all over this. But to do it on ramps.....I have a N55 which is apparently easier given there is one large downpipe vs. 2. Still they show you unbolting the steering rack, but not why or if/how you move it for access.

It appeared the clearance for the clamps and mount to turbo and front o2 sensors are the really difficult tight spots. The rear setup seems easy.
I just did this on ramps and I am 6'4 270 lbs lol!! The steering rack is just 2 bolts, hex and a 16mm end wrench...and it will move back a inch to give you the very small room you need....I have big hands and arms and I got access. The heat shield I just removed all but one bolt and slid out of the way. This was on the N54.
JB4 G5, Stage 3 LPFP, Stage 2 MOTIV PI, VM 6466 ST, Custom OCC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2, DEFIV kit, KW clubsport, Delrin solid SF bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, M3 fenders, M3 OEM sideskirts, Mtech rear bumper, CSL trunk, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295
Appreciate 0