View Single Post
      11-08-2011, 03:32 PM   #12
Pwalo
Private
England
Rep
Drives: 118d m sport Le Mans blue 2009

Last year I fitted a set of brand spanking new Toyo Proxes on the rear of my 325d Touring - stuck a load of heavy stuff in the boot - dropped the tyre pressures by about 25% and guess what - managed to negotiate the climb from my driveway to the top of my estate every morning - bear in mind Guisborough ,North Yorks appeared on Sky news last winter as one of the worst hit places in the North, I was pretty pleased with that. 17x 225's are a better bet than the 18 255's rears currently on the car. I need a pair of winters for the old 17 in wheels and will probably fit Hankook Ice bears. Iam realistic and don't expect it to go anyway in snow on my 18 inch ellipsoids with summer tyres - looking at them it not surprising but you can use a BM all year round if you just drive as the conditions dictate, stick a set of narrower wheels with suitable rubber and get more rear traction by putting a little more weight over the driving wheels, and you understand that revving the shit out of the car really doesn't help. It also helps if yours is a manual - the most satisfying moment was overtaking a stricken cock in his A4 ascending a snowbound 1 in 6 hill in my useless BMW. Ha Ha bring on the snow
Appreciate 0