12-17-2009, 12:57 AM   #5
samchuang33
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: MY 16 440i & MY20 X7 30d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooterman View Post
Perhaps...but IMO the best gauge is 1. results (and I'm happy with the above and actually enjoy it) and 2. what do the professionals and guys who concourse their cars etc do.

Give it a crack and let us know how it goes
Yea, ur right, paint protection may not give u as fine finish (ie gloss and smoothness) compared to waxing and polishing but it is not too bad.

I just might give it the colour shield a crack. But i need to use up all the product i brought in the last week.

Going abit off topic here but...

Everyone u speak to tells u different thing. So i ended up buying too much. I did not end up getting the professional stuff from Waxit etc (which i should talked to before i went on a shopping spree). Most of the stuff is from Autobarn at Slacks Creek and Supercheap.

Most of the old stuff i have already have had been sitting there for awile so i decided to get new set of everything. Here is the list of some of the stuff... Dont laugh guys....
Bowdens clay bar pac $49.99
Bowdens Wax Cleaner $34.99
Bowdens Body wax $29.99
Meguiars Ultimate Quik wax $26.98
Meguiars NXT wax $42.40
Meguiars NXT glass cleaner $14.34
Meguiars NXT wash $21.99
Meguiars Scratch X 2.0 $21.95
Mother Electricl Buffer Kit $119.99
Shit load of microfibre cloth, applicator, and other accessories

I know quite a few of the stuff is same things just different brands but it was on sale so i was tempted to kinda stock up a bit. I think is well over $500 now that i add it up. I guess i wont need to buy anything for the next year or two. That why it got me thinking that maybe the colour shield is a better option at less than $200 for a set. Cost less for ur pocket and u save more time coz u do not need to do it every 3-4 month.

Gee, going down this dark alley of detailing seems like a black hole now...
Appreciate 0