View Single Post
      10-12-2012, 03:32 PM   #415
CJ421
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Garage List
@Dallasboosted, haven't looked at that. The Brey Krause one looks much stronger but I'm not an expert. I don't think there are any public photos of it yet.

@Dan - I haven't committed to anything yet with the harness bar. I want harnesses and HANS bad but if it comes down to doing a full cage, that's quite a chunk of change and gahhhh I don't know.
Thanks for the feedback about the car. I'm getting some more stuff done to it soon including custom brake ducting, that should be done for the Nov 3-4 event.

The rear seat is about 50-60 lbs! I've removed ~120-130 lbs combined with the front seats. And the OZ Racing wheels I got are only 18 lbs each.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSC_OFF View Post
CJ, I'd really recommend researching pros and cons of running harness bar only. I have no doubt BK makes a quality bar but the question is regardless of manufacturer, how safe is running just a bar alone? Having been down this route myself recently, a lot of experts will tell you harness bar w/o roll bar is really dangerous and some instructors/club will refuse to get in the car or even pass the tech. The danger with running JUST a harness bar is that during a roll over, the harness bar will cause an submarining effect preventing you from moving forward and you may potentially get crushed by the roof. You should talk to the guys at VAC, I'm sure they will steer you in the right way.

See my thread here:

http://www.nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=65422

On another topic your car looks so good man! Wonder how much you saved by taking out the rear seat. You should have no problem hitting high 1 "teens" at Lightning! =D