View Single Post
      08-29-2013, 11:12 AM   #1
Beer Brewer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

Ditched my Runflats, what a difference!

Hi All:

Just wanted to drop in and say that I ditched the Continental runflats on my 2011 335xi yeterday, in favor of a square set of Michelin Pilot Sport a/s 3 tires. Man, what a difference. Honestly, I was actually at the point of selling my car due to the bouncy yet oddly harsh ride. Based on the preliminary reviews of the brand-new Michelins I decided to give them a shot, and I couldn't be happier - what was I waiting for?

The ride quality has improved markedly, and the car now exhibits much less "bounce and jounce" over uneven pavement and potholes. Grip is way up, too - on a favorite stretch of variable radius onramp around were I live, the Conti's would start howling and then give way unpredictably. Even though the Michelins aren't broken in yet, I can take the turn much faster and with far more confidence than was ever the case before. No howl, just grip! The overall handling limits of the car are not on par with my old RS4 or M5, to be sure, but I am a lot more confident now when tossing my 3'er around. Oh, and the road noise has diminished, too.

So there you go. With a can of Fix-a-Flat in the trunk, I am enjoying my car again. I'm looking forward to seeing how these things perform in the wet and the, ahem, snow, when we get it. And we will, that I know. Wish me luck!

Thanks,

Pete
Appreciate 0