View Single Post
      09-07-2011, 02:16 PM   #12
allan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E93, barbera/cream

I had a terrible experience with them just recently.
I shipped my BMW (Mil, Germany - Brunswick) in July. Estim. delivery date was 16 Aug. After date passed I checked the website and no change in status, therefore I called the POC. I was told the vessel arrived but I have to wait for custom clearance. So, I waited a few days, nothing - I called the same person again-same answer ! I also sent 2 e-mails to the given POC and never got a reply. I called again 1st Sep, got same answer, asked for manager. He told me that car arrived a while ago and as of tomorrow I have to pay 12 Dollar/day storage fee. I should have gotten an e-mail with instructions. This didn't happen (...otherwise the POC would have mentioned it to me-right?). I really had to push to get everything done quick. This was also Labor Day weekend. Not a good time to get a plane ticket to Brunswick for a reasonable price with such a short notice.
When I arrived at the port, I was told that this has happened lately to other customers also. People at port site get a lot of complaints about E.H. Harms, he told me. He told me, Harms is a broker only and doesn't do anything at site.
I already "started" to contact BMW to inform them about this "customer service".
Appreciate 0